Created by the community, for the community ... |
As a General Studio Person
What we want to know,
What we hope to share,
What we can’t wait to do. . .
- Take out the trash - yackey yack! But do come back!
- Recycle mixed papers in blue container.
- Recycle glass, plastic, cans in blue container.
- Cardboard scraps go in large wooden pallet on wheels. Flatten all boxes. Cardboard with glue &/or glitter CAN be recycled. Scraps can be used to put under messy projects.
- Know where everything is.
- Answer questions.
- Take interest in people’s projects and encourage them.
- Monitor supplies.
- Check bathrooms.
- Monitor tables, putting away stuff people don't put away. (The trick is to get them to clean up before they leave!) Put away dry projects that people have left, hopefully they have marked them with names. It is not OK to leave projects under tables for drying. The drying room upstairs is designed for such uses as painted projects (not batik- that has a separate drying area), papier-mâché and small projects not yet completed. We do not want to encourage anyone to leave their unfinished work on table space that is needed.
- Music! Music! Music!
- Teach people how to use materials properly.
- Safe Children. Return any unsupervised child to parent. Remind parent of rules. We are set up as an art studio, not a day care. In event of problems, get another staff person to help, or call the office for Eli. In an example of a previous year, a parent struck a child in the presence of other people. In such a situation ask that parent to take any such disciplining outside. The Studio is not an appropriate place.
- Remember the 3 Studio rules (Consideration, contribution, clean up) and remind people of them.
- Also remember the 3 Procession rules (no written words, no pets, no motorized vehicles). If you see someone doing a batik, for instance, with words on it, remind them of the rules.
- Follow procedures for locking up and opening the Studio if you do this.
- Please be aware that you are responsible for who comes in and what goes out. Supplies in the studio are intended only for art to be used in the Procession and no tools, equipment, or other property of any kind belonging to the studio or Earthbound Productions is allowed to leave the studio.
Earthbound Prod. - PO Box 7192, Olympia, WA 98507 - 360-705-1087 - email@example.com